We store only the absolutely necessary data. The type of data we store and the control you have over it is explained below.
This privacy statement is valid from April 2019 and can change in the future.
What personal data do we store?
We only store personal data that you voluntarily submit to us. That is:
- Your login data: First name, e-mail address, profile photo
- Tours you upload (GPS data)
- Your form entries
- Your uploaded photos
- a sent contact form
What non-personal data do we store?
Our server automatically records this data about your visit:
- your current IP address
- the website path you requested
- the location you came from (the "referer", if available)
All this data is automatically anonymized according to the GDPR. It's not possible for us to link this data with your user account. We only use this data for statistical reports, e.g. to find out how many visitors we had on a day.
For capturing this data we use the tool Plausible Analytics (plausible.io) allowing a very privacy friendly tracking.
The non-personal data is automatically deleted after 30 days.
What services do we use to exchange data?
To make it easier for you to sign in to this service, you can choose to use Google or Facebook for this task. We do not send anything to this corporations. After successful registration, we only get access to your name, your e-mail address and your profile picture. We do not link your account to these services. You can use the "Forgot Password" function at any time to create a password so that you can log in without Google/Facebook in the future.
You can choose to import your tours from Garmin or Suunto. If you do that, you should know the following:
- We don't store passwords, but so-called access tokens. You can delete these tokens at any time by disconnecting the connection. Either with us or with the respective partner.
- As long as the connection exists, AdventureLog can retrieve data that you have uploaded to the partners.
- We only receive the raw data of your watch (FIT or GPX files) and only use the coordinates contained therein (NO health data).
- When connecting, your tours of the last 90 days will be retrieved. We have to save them temporarily so that you can import them if necessary.
- Once you synchronize an activity with Garmin, it will be sent to AdventureLog, where you can import it.
- If you disconnect from Garmin, all cached data will be deleted.
For Suunto and Polar:
- From Suunto/Polar we don't save anything until you explicitly "import" a tour. The activity list is retrieved and displayed directly from the vendor.
- When importing, a FIT file is loaded. Here, too, we use only the coordinates contained in the file.
Where is your data stored?
All your data will be stored in a data center in Germany.
We take great care to ensure that your data is not distributed all over the world by not using any services from global companies (e.g. Google or Facebook).
Adventurelog.io is completely free of advertising.
What can you do as regards data storage?
You can delete your user profile at any time under "My data". This will delete all your data from our servers, permanently.
In addition, you can request data information in accordance with the GDPR by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, we will not be able to send you more data than you can see on the platform by yourself.